8 Reasons to Look at Bamboo Flooring for Your Home
When it comes to flooring, there are a lot of options. One of the materials that is getting a lot of attention and is becoming more and more popular is bamboo. Bamboo flooring options are showing up in a variety of homes and businesses. The reasons people are starting to look at bamboo is they are looking at flooring options differently. Homeowners want flooring that looks great but they are more concerned about the impact they will have on the environment.
- Bamboo flooring is very friendly to the environment. The main reason for this is that bamboo is one of the most renewable materials you can find. Considered a grass, it grows faster than trees. In some areas, people plant bamboo in their yards rather than putting fencing in because it does grow so quickly. From seed to the time a tree can be used for lumber, you have a span of at least two decades. In theory, wood is also renewable but the time it takes to get new growth to be usable in projects, a long time has passed.
- It is incredibly sturdy. One of the attractive qualities of hardwood flooring is just how long it can last. Bamboo is harder than traditional hardwoods. It is at least twice as hard as oak flooring. This makes it a perfect material for flooring in homes and businesses.
- Bamboo is made to be more stable. When materials are made out of raw bamboo, they are created in a way that gives them a dimensional stability that other materials do not have. Again, bamboo is a grass that is woven together to create the durable material that can be used in floors and other spaces. This means that bamboo flooring works well in a number of climates and situations. No matter what the humidity level is, bamboo can handle it.
- It is incredibly easy to install. When you are installing bamboo flooring, it does not have to be fixed in place. Some installers opt to use a quick fitting system with it while others can lay it down and then secure it afterward. This is one of the easiest, fastest, and straightforward.
- One of the most cost-effective kinds of flooring is bamboo. One of the drawbacks to hardwood flooring is the cost. There is no question that it looks great, adds class and warmth to any home, and lasts a long time but it is one of the more expensive options for flooring. The same cannot be said of bamboo flooring. You can get a very similar look to hardwood only at about one-third of the price.
- It does not take a lot of time to clean and maintain. Again, like hardwood flooring, bamboo floors do not require a lot of work to look great. About once or twice a week, it is good to broom or sweep with a soft broom or brush. This can get rid of the dirt, dust, debris, and animal fur. After that, it is important to use a gentle cleanser that has a neutral pH. Like wood floors, it is important to mop up anything you spill right away.
- It is very versatile. A lot of people like the look of hardwood flooring, which you can get with bamboo but there are a lot of other options you can go for. Bamboo flooring comes in a wide variety of colors and styles so it can go with any decor. There is vertical, strand woven, and horizontal bamboo.
- Bamboo flooring is very hygienic. Hardwood floors are often installed to help people who suffer from asthma or allergies. The same thing can be said of floors made from bamboo. It is also good because mold is not a big fan of the bamboo so its growth is inhibited. If you are looking for clean and hygienic flooring.
Consumers and homeowners today are more concerned with using environmental issues than ever before. When you look at how renewable a resource bamboo is, the durability of the material, how beautiful it looks, it is hard to bypass it as a good option for the flooring in your home or business. If you are looking for flooring, bamboo should be on your list.