Are You Looking for an Experienced Architect to Help You Plan a Kitchen Remodel?
Finding the right architect for a project can be the difference between success and failure, between meeting deadline and meeting one. It is impossible, in fact, to have a successful building project without a detailed architectural plan. When it comes to plans for a very important part of your home like the kitchen, consulting with an architect who understands the best way to lay out a kitchen. Depending on whether you want a kitchen that will allow you to cook for a crowd or for a small family of four, an architect can help design the right approach.
From planning windows and doors to deciding the placement of an entire set of kitchen cabinets, the planning process is extremely important. Knowing, for instance, the right height for kitchen cabinets can help you create a space that is not only beautiful, but also functional. Most cabinets are not custom made, but some home owners want to take the time and spend the money to create a unique space. Even though the space is unique, however, it is still best to follow certain guidelines. for instance, knowing the standard height or floor cabinets can help you create a space that will fit dishwashers and other built in appliances.
Consider some of these standard specifications and the role that the cabinet industry plays in today’s economy:
- 78% of all home remodeling jobs requested were for bathroom remodeling, making it the job most requested project in the U.S., according to a National Association of Home Builders survey.
- 69% of all home remodeling jobs requested were for kitchen remodeling, making it the second most popular request, according to a National Association of Home Builders survey.
- 82.7% is the average return on investment (ROI) for a minor kitchen remodel.
- 60% of home owners indicate that said plan to remodel their master bathroom, according to a Houzz survey.
- 54% of future home buyers indicate that they are willing to pay more for a home with hardwood floors.
- 35% of remodeling jobs involved the whole home according to the same Houzz survey.
Involving an architect in any kind of home remodeling project is important. Even if you want to create the most unique space, including specialty laminate cabinet doors, it is still important to make sure that you consult with a professional when you start making a plan.