Roof Contractors Offer a Variety of Products in a Number of Price Ranges
The metal roof installation 30 years ago was a great investment. In the south, in fact, metal roofing contractors are busy installing their products on all sizes of commercial and residential buildings. And while the roof served its purpose for a little more than three decades, last winter brought a surprising problem. The older screws that were used when the roof was first installed have both expanded and contracted several times. During one of those changes in size, one strip of the nail contracted enough that they left small holes around the head of the screw. During an especially rainy week a colony of carpenter ants followed a damp trail into the house, across a false timber in the peak of the roof, and onto the carpet. In just a few hours, the line of ants across the room was wide enough to be visible from across the room.
Fortunately, their is a newer kind of screw that does not shrink and expand and can avoid a repeat of the problem that left a line of holes in the 30 year old roof. The roof itself is in great shape and by switching out all of the original metal screws with the newer kind the roof repair company has extended the coverage of the entire metal roof.
Quality Roof Installation Can Help Protect Your Home and Add to the Value of Your Property
Depending on where you live, roof installation companies can help you understand what the right materials is for your home or business. In fact, the choices for any roof installation is very dependent on the temperatures of your area, as well as the most likely weather conditions. In a time when more and more weather events are reaching extreme levels it only makes sense that roofing manufacturers are developing products that can withstand high winds and driving hail stones. And while no roof can survive every storm that will ever occur, there are many materials that truly are impact resistant to most of the wind and the hail that typically occurs.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the roofing products that are most commonly used and the impact that the industry has on the nation’s economy:
- A roof, under normal circumstances, should be inspected once or twice a year.
- Playing an important role in its overall aesthetics, a roof generally represents about 40% of the visual exterior of a typical home.
- Depending on the climate in which they are installed, asphalt shingles have a lifespan of 20 to 50 years.
- Because it has a 140 mph wind rating, a metal roof will protect a home from suffering major damage.
- In a consumer survey, 88% of respondents indicated that durability was the number one factor when determining which new roof to purchase.
- In addition, 83% of these respondents indicate that longevity was the second most important factor.
Understanding the weather conditions that your roof must withstand is the first step in making sure that you select the right products for your home or business. In fact, without the right kind of roof installation, you are a t danger of risking not only your roof, but also all the parts of the house that the roof protects.