Need to Remodel Your Bathroom? Here are Five Facts You Need to Know
Whether you have a loved one who does not get around as well as they used to or you have been in an accident that has compromised your ability to easily get around your home, here are a few facts that you need to know before you start researching ideas for bathroom remodeling designs.
1. If you are modifying the bathroom for a person who needs to use a wheelchair or a walker, you have to make sure the doorway to the bathroom is large enough for them to enter comfortably. If you hire bathroom remodeling companies to do the construction work on the handicapped bathroom for you, they will more than likely know what the rules and regulations that are necessary.
2. When you are beginning to make your ideas for bathroom remodeling a reality, you will fully understand how making a bathroom, or any area in your house really, accessible to people who have a disability or trouble getting around can greatly improve their quality of life within the home.
3. If the person using the bathroom uses a wheelchair or has limited mobility, the bathroom remodel designs that you decide to use should include the instillation of grab bars which are installed on each side of the toilet to help assist in the transfer to the toilet, as well as standing and lowering.
4. If the bathroom is being modified for a wheelchair user, there should be enough room for the user to park the wheelchair near enough to the toilet to make a comfortable transfer.
5. A walk in bathtub is one that uses a vacuum seal to shut a door that allows access to the tub without allowing water to leak out. Helpful sites.