The 8 Benefits of Ceramic Tile Floors
When it comes to flooring in a home, people have a lot of options. There are pros and cons to just about every flooring option out there. One popular option is the ceramic tile floor. Here are some of the reasons more and more people are going with this option for the floors in their home:
- Ceramic tile floors are very durable. Carpets wear out quickly but tile floors can last for decades. Wood flooring can be stained or damaged by water. That cannot be said of tiles. If you are looking for something that can last a long time, under normal conditions, this may be the option for you. If you like to drop very heavy things on your floor, such as sledgehammers, it may not work as tile can break when things are dropped on it.
- They require very little in the way of maintenance. Their durability leads them to need less in the way of upkeep. You have to clean them from time to time but that takes very little effort. You should take a broom to them as often as you deem necessary and mop when they get dirty. If you have a sealant applied, your tile will look great for years. You do need to have a new sealant applied every four to five years.
- Ceramic tile floors are cost-effective. Experts say that tile is one of the most cost-effective options available for flooring today. This is not because the initial price tag is very low but when you take into consideration how long they last and how little maintenance they require, it is clear tiles can be the cheapest way to go for flooring. Now, you can get very expensive tiles in your home but you do not have to.
- Tiles can resist water. The glaze that is put on most ceramic tile floors is great at resisting damage from water. This also means it is harder to stain them. This is one of the reasons ceramic tile floors are so popular for kitchens and bathrooms. They are great at resisting humidity. If you live in a very hot and humid part of the country, this can be an ideal option for flooring in your home.
- They can help you help the environment. The raw materials that go into making ceramic tiles are clay, glass, and sand. These are usually mixed with other materials such as recycled ceramic tiles. They can help keep your home cooler in the summer, which can help you use less energy and lower your electricity bills. They also keep homes warmer in the winter. If you are looking for a very environmentally friendly option for your floors, this is it.
- The resale value of your home will go up. If you decide to sell your house, you can expect to get more for it if you have had ceramic tile flooring put in. For many people who have done this, their house was sold for more money. Homebuyers have said they are willing to pay more for homes with either ceramic tile flooring or hardwood floors.
- This kind of flooring can improve the quality of the air you breathe. When tiles are made, they are fires up in a kiln at a very high temperature. This makes them impenetrable to volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs can make it hard for people with allergies or asthma to breathe. Out of all of the options for flooring, none have less VOCs than ceramic tile flooring. Also, they are less likely to collect allergens such as pollen and pet dander. When people in Sweden lowered their use of carpet by 70%, the allergic reactions in homes went down by 30%. This is just further proof that ceramic tile flooring helps people suffering from asthma and allergies.
- Tiles come in every style. No matter what your sense of style is, you can find tiles that match it. They come in every color, you can get different textures. You can really create a unique look when you go with ceramic tile flooring.
As was mentioned, there are a lot of flooring options out there. Ceramic tile floors are very easy to clean, cost-effective, and can allow for any style.