Bathtub Refinishing Services Can Make Quick Work of a Messy Task
The list is growing.
In an effort to update your home, you and your wife have created a list of all of the things that you want to accomplish. Once the list was made, the next step was to prioritize, plan, and budget. After completing a fairly extensive kitchen remodel, you are now in the process of making plans to renovate the master bathroom and then the guest bathroom. You understand that both projects will take time so you know that the jobs have to happen one at a time so that you always have a full size bathroom available during the remodeling process.
One task that is common for both rooms is the need to refinish the bathtubs in both spaces. After an exploration of bathtub refinishing costs you have decided that this is one task that you will contract out. Although you are certain the you can complete the ceramic floor tile installation yourself, but the bathtub refinishing cost information indicates that the job would be better left to a professional.
Are You Considering a Bathroom Remodel in Your Home?
From exploring the selection of tile style and color choices to researching information about bathroom refinishing costs, a bathroom remodel is a major project. Make the decision to update two bathrooms in your home and need to be prepared for weeks, if not months, of living with a work in progress. Although many home owners do some of their own work when they are planning for remodeling projects, an exploration of bathtub refinishing costs convinces many of even the most skilled home owners to contract out this job.
Damaged bathtub surfaces and grout inconsistencies in a bathroom can serve as a breeding ground for both dirt and germs. The further problem of mold growth can actually cause a major health hazard. If you have a bathtub that is showing its age it is possible that you can pay to have it resurfaced rather than pay to replace it. After comparing the costs of purchasing a new bathtub to the bathtub refinishing costs, many home owners decide that reglazing a bathtub can actually be cheaper than buying and installing a completely new tub.
Consider these facts and figures about the process of refinishing a bathtub:
- Many home owners agree that refinished bathtub surfaces are often easier to clean than the original product. Newly designed surfaces are better at resisting stains and holding dirt.
- A tub that has been properly reglazed by a trained technician can last for an additional 10 years.
- As defined, bathtub refinishing, also sometimes called bathtub reglazing, bathtub resurfacing, or bathtub re-enameling is a process that refreshes the surface of a worn, damaged bathtub. The results can make an older, worn tub return to a near-new condition.
- Before the resurfacing process, damaged areas, including chips and cracks, are repaired using Bondo or another type of putty made with polyester.
- Over time older bathtubs in homes, even if they have been well cared for, can become worn, chipped, scratched, stained, discolored, and otherwise damaged by harsh cleaners.
- In addition to simply resurfacing, this process can also be used to recolor an outdated look. If, for instance, you want to make a quick, less expensive way to change the entire look of a bathroom, resurfacing to recolor a tub is an effective method.
Are You Looking for a Way to Update Your Home?
Bathroom remodels are very popular home projects. Whether they are undertaken because you are getting ready to sell your home, or you are simply wanting to freshen up an outdated bathroom, refinishing is a popular option. Often less expensive than completely removing a tub and purchasing and installing new, the refinishing process can actually be achieved fairly quickly when the task is completed by a skilled technician. In fact, the bathtub refinishing process typically takes only three to four hours and will cure in about 24 hours.
Other than a kitchen remodel, few home renovation processes are more effective than a bathroom remodel. And while many home owners can take on tasks of removing wallpaper, painting walls, and retiling, the process of refinishing a bathtub requires the help of a professional. Do you have a bathroom update on your list of home improvement goals?