Top 5 Benefits of Metal Roofing
Roofs are essential for every home and business. They protect what is inside and, if treated correctly, can help protect the things and people you value most. If your old shingles are missing, broken, or have not aged well, then it is time to replace them. Maybe with an option better than traditional asphalt shingles. Along with tile, asphalt shingles, and slate, there is also a metal roofing option. Generally made from aluminum or steel, metal roofs can be easy for a roofing company to install and easy for you to maintain. There are many benefits to choosing steel roofing or aluminum roofing for your residential or commercial roofing needs.
- Longer life. Metal roofing will often last 50 years when it is properly maintained. This is over three times as long as the typical roof made from asphalt shingles. By covering steel roofing with an aluminum-zinc alloy, the lifespan can be increased to 100 years. Imagine never having to replace your roof again, never worrying about that cost for the rest of your life.
- Cost efficient. That cost of metal roofing is nothing compared to tile or slate roofing. The most expensive metal roofing is still 30% less than the cheapest roof varieties of slate and tile.
- Green incentives. Because of the superior quality and material, a residential metal roof can save you 25% on your annual home energy costs. And it is a good choice for the environment. Metal roofing uses 30-60% recycled metal content and is completely recyclable when it is time to replace your roof again.
- Protection. Made from the strongest material and designed with durability in mind, metal roofing will offer great protection. It can withstand 140-mile per hour winds and protect your home from major storm damage, which is important when you never know what the next storm will bring.
- Choices. There are over 100 colors to choose from! And you can choose between vertical panels and interlocking shingles. You can make sure your home or business stand out with all these options.
For your next project, talk to your local roofing company about metal roofs. You will save time and money while providing great protection for your residential and business assets.