What Day of the Week Is Your Neighborhood’s Trash Pickup?
Residential waste pickup is often a challenge, but it is this time of the year when they can also be interesting. When the residential waste pickup is expected to pickup pumpkins on the same day as a snow and ice storm on the first day of November, things can get pretty messy!
Whether it is raining in the spring or snowing in the winter, it is important that garbage removal happens on schedule. From typical residential waste removal to the use of recycling bins to keep as many things as possible out of the already crowded landfills, it is important to make sure that you are working with the most reliable residential waster pickup services.
Both Residential and Business Garbage Pickup Plays a Role in How Communities Look
No one wants to see trash spilled across the driveway or blowing across the streets. For this reason, there are many times when neighborhoods and sometimes entire subdivisions require trash pickup to occur on the same day of the week. By making sure that all residents in a neighborhood, for instance, set out their trash on the same day a neighborhood can look more organized and neat.
Consider these facts and figures about the garbage removal industry and the impact that it has on the both the environment and the nation’s economy:
- Only between 25% and 55% of all waste generated in large cities is collected by municipal authorities, according to the United Nations Centre for Human Settlements. The rest is picked up by private services.
- $11.5 billion is spent every year to clean up litter.
- Over four pounds of trash is generated by the average person every single day.
- Recycling one ton of cardboard saves more than nine cubic yards of landfill space.
- It costs an average of $30 per ton to recycle trash, and $50 per ton to send that same amount of trash to a landfill.
- Fortunately, 87% of Americans have access to curbside or drop-off recycling programs for paper.
Finding the right trash service can help you create a property that you will be able to be proud of. One that will allow you to keep your home or your business looking their best, even on the years when it snows the day ofter Halloween.